From August 15 to September 15, Advanced Card Systems Ltd. (ACS) will be giving away ten software development kits (SDKs) to ten lucky subscribers of ACS’s Facebook page. Below are the contest details:
- The contest will be open to all likers of ACS’s Facebook page until 15 Sep 2013. Non-subscribers can immediately like ACS’s Facebook page in order to be eligible for the contest.
- We will be giving away five ACR1281U-C1 SDKs priced at USD199, and five ACR89U-A2 SDKs priced at USD279.
- We’ll put up a contest page on August 15. We encourage you to check it out to find how you can have additional entries to the contest.
Below are some details regarding the prizes:
- The ACR1281U-C1 SDK contains sample applications and codes, and tools and utilities for the ACR1281U-C1 Dualboost II, a second-generation USB dual-interface reader that helps integrate conventionally separate and independent applications into one device and one card.
- The ACR89U-A2 SDK contains sample applications and codes, and tools and utilities for the ACR89U-A2, a handheld reader with pinpad that operates on both standalone and PC-linked modes at lower energy levels than its predecessor, the ACR88.
We have come out with 3 demo videos showing an example of how smart card technology can increase efficiency and convenience for transportation. Using the ACR89U-A2 software development kit (SDK), we simulated 3 different modules for the taxi fare-related transactions: registration of taxi passenger cards and driver e-purse cards, balance inquiry for driver/passenger cards, and standalone payment transfer.
Here are the videos:
Passenger/Driver Smart Card Registration
The demo videos above are applicable not only to the ACR89U-A2, but also the ACR89 Series. In fact, the ACR89U-A2 SDK (which, as mentioned earlier, was used for these demos) provides users with sample applications, tools and utilities, and sample codes that may be used for the ACR89 in general. This will help users incorporate the device into their applications.
There are two readers in the ACR89 product line, the ACR89U-A1 and the ACR89U-A2. The ACR89U-A1 supports contact card–based transactions only, while the ACR89U-A2 supports both contact and contactless transactions. (Note that there is also the ACR89U-A1 SDK, for users more interested in contact card–based applications.)
The ACR89U-A2 SDK is priced at USD279, while the ACR89U-A1 SDK is priced at USD239.
Both readers of the ACR89 line are handheld, and may be used in conjunction with the PTR89, a portable thermal printer for immediate printing of receipts.
Applications for the ACR89 line are not limited to transport; other applications include those for e-government, e-banking and e-payment, e-healthcare, and loyalty.
Users interested in the ACR89, the ACR89U-A1/A2 SDKs, or similar solutions may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Card Systems Ltd. (ACS) has recently put up demo.acs.com.hk , which shows some demo applications that use ACS devices. The first application featured on this page is the e-Purse and Loyalty Demo, which shows users how to create cashier and customer cards, shop for products, top up e-Purse cards, and convert loyalty points to e-Purse value. This is for users who want to come up with point of sale–related applications and loyalty programs.
ACS has developed the online demo webpage to improve its support package for developers. Through sample web applications that are comprehensive and on-demand, developers who want to integrate ACS devices into their applications can learn how to do so anytime and anywhere, even without an ACS representative.
Demos are geared towards users who already have ACS devices.
How to Access ACS’s Online Demo Webpage
- Go to demo.acs.com.hk.
- Another way to access the online demo webpage is through www.acs.com.hk. Users simply have to go to Support and Downloads, and then click Online Demo.
Demo webpage via acs.com.hk
- After a simple registration, select Launch Demo. (Note that demos require a java plug-in.)
- Users will also be asked to plug in supported readers/cards. For example, to access the e-Purse and Loyalty Demo, users will need two ACOS3 Smart Cards and either an ACR38U Smart Card Reader or an ACR33U-A1 SmartDuo Smart Card Reader.
- Then, users can try out the demo.
ACS will be announcing other demos as soon as they are put up. Keep tuned for updates!